TEXAS & LUBBOCK
• In 2016, Texas has the second highest number of reported cases of human trafficking in the United States, behind California (National Human Trafficking Hotline)
• Out of the 254 Texas counties, Lubbock County filed 25% of the cases for Trafficking of Persons in the entire state of Texas (Texas Human Trafficking Prevention Task Force Report 2014)
• 1,731 calls were made to the National Human Trafficking Hotline, from Texas and 433 human trafficking cases were reported in 2015 (National Human Trafficking Hotline Texas Statistics)
• Within 48 hours of hitting the streets, 1/3 of these children are lured or recruited by a trafficker into the underground world of prostitution and pornography (The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children)
• One in every 5 victims of human trafficking in the United States travels through Texas along the I-10 corridor (Office of the Attorney General)
• As of August 31, 2014, 98 individuals were incarcerated in Texas prisons for convictions of either trafficking of persons or compelling prostitution (Texas Human Trafficking Prevention Task Force Report 2014)
Sporting events and conventions at major cities in Texas, such as Houston, Dallas, and Austin, create strong demand for the commercial sex industry (ICE Operation Predator)
Running2Rescue, AKA R2R, is a nonprofit event that raises awareness of the scourge of human trafficking and works to bring healing and empowerment to local survivors. All donations made to this campaign will be distributed to the OneVoiceHome, a local organization— and a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization -- dedicated to developing a residential safe home for underage girls rescued from bondage. All donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2017
R2R SIGNATURE SPONSORS
© 2016 R2R. All Rights Reserved.